Follow this section to connect an Office365, Microsoft365, or Outlook.com account (which includes hotmail, live, and msn accounts).
Note: If you are on the new “Microsoft 365 Personal” or “Microsoft 365 Family” plan, then CalendarBridge will not work for you. Those plans do not come with an online calendar that CalendarBridge can access.
1. Go to your Accounts page by clicking the “Accounts” link at the top navigation bar, or enter https://calendarbridge.com/dashboard/accounts into your browser. The accounts page will look like this:
2. Click the “ADD ACCOUNT +” button. This will bring up the account type selection page:
3. Click the “Microsoft Account” button. This will redirect you to Microsoft’s website where you can sign in to your Microsoft account and authorize CalendarBridge to access your calendar. If you have both personal and work/school Microsoft accounts, please see this note.
4. Enter the email address associated with the calendar you want to connect.
5. Enter the password for the calendar you want to connect. Upon successful login, this will take you to the permissions grant screen.
6. Click “Accept” to enable CalendarBridge to connect to your calendar. Failure to accept the permissions will prevent CalendarBridge from being able to provide any services to you. If you have concerns about these permissions, please check out our terms of service (in short we only use these permissions to carry out the syncs and scheduling links that you configure.)
7. After accepting the permissions, Microsoft will redirect you back to the CalendarBridge website and you should see this screen:
If you don’t see this screen, please check out the troubleshooting section.
Repeat these steps for each Microsoft account that has calendars you would like to connect to CalendarBridge.